38 Constable Street
Large Family home in a wonderful location!
Welcome to 38 Constable Street in this quiet established neighbourhood of Barrhaven. This Holitzner built Knightsbridge model boasts 2574 square feet of space plus a fully finished basement.
The location is superb! This home was built in 1987 (approx) at a time when it was still affordable for builders to give a homeowner a decent size lot and surrounded by other similar styles of homes. Just down the side street of Edgemont, you’ll find a great little tot park. Just up the street on Kennavale Drive, there is public transportation or you can take your car to one of several OCTranspo Park and Rides that offer free parking. Both public and separate elementary school are within easy walking distance of this location. And, talk about shopping! The best part about the shopping is that this home remains outside the heavily used roads that access all the close by stores. Along with small strip malls close by, there is the huge Trinity Commons at Citigate development featuring the newest Costco location. There is a plethora of shops coming to this area. There are also many established businesses just minutes away along the Strandherd strip.
Holitzner was and still is a premium builder. In the late 80’s plywood was used as sheathing during construction and not particleboard. Copper plumbing was used in this home and the exterior is mostly brick on all sides. These materials are almost unheard of in today’s modern construction in the Ottawa area. Plus over the years, there have been several updates and upgrades including hardwood floors, newer central air and furnace, renovated ensuite and updated kitchen. Please see more information on the reverse side of this feature sheet.
- Foyer: Large foyer with marble tiles greet your guests.
- Living Room: Sunken living room features hardwood floors, pot lighting and a large vinyl bay window that allows plenty of natural light in to fill this home.
- Dining Room: Perfect for entertaining, this spacious dining room has been expanded from the original floor plan.
- Kitchen: The kitchen features newer hardwood floors, granite countertops, pot lighting, lowered bulkheads over cabinets for s smooth clean finish, under cabinet lighting, custom tin backsplash, pot filler faucet right at the stove, custom hood-fan, newer lighting fixtures and porcelain flooring. As well the cabinetry has been re-glazed to add many years of life to this kitchen. You’ll also enjoy the good size eating area with wainscoting and newer terrace doors leading to the yard. All in all, a lovely spacious kitchen with many outstanding features.
- Family Room: This family room is the perfect spot to relax and spend time with your family. Features here include pot lighting, hardwood floors and a custom made fireplace mantle and marble surround.
- Powder room: The main floor powder room features dual flush toilet, decorative sink, porcelain tile floor, lower wall wainscoting and a pocket door.
- Laundry: The laundry / Mud room also features porcelain flooring and half wall wainscoting.
- Custom staircase features hardwood flooring and custom wrought iron spindles with custom wood railing. All hardwood floors on the second level were installed in 2012.
- Bedrooms: There are three secondary bedrooms. All feature hardwood floors and spacious closets including two with walk-in closets.
- The main bathroom features granite countertops, updated cabinetry, ceramic flooring, newer toilet and newer ceramic tub surround.
- The master bedroom is very spacious. Here the hardwood floors continue. The walk-in closet is huge and the hardwood floors continue into this area.
- Ensuite: The ensuite bathroom was renovated several years ago and features newer cabinets and granite topped makeup area which is just outside the ensuite proper. In the ensuite there is newer lighting, granite counters, newer cabinetry, a large shower with glass doors, rain head and multi-spray shower bar and ceramic flooring.
- The basement has been fully finished and offers great space.
- Recroom: Games room, recreation room or another family room. All are possibilities here. There are 10 pot lights in this area.
- Den/Office: You’ll also find a separate room that can be used as a study, office of hobby room. Here you’ll find six pot lights to light up this room.
- Bathroom: Conveniently located on this level is a three piece bathroom featuring a corner shower.
- Utility and storage areas offer plenty of additional storage and there is a secondary hookup for both a washer and dryer.
- 51.48 x 100.07 foot lot.
- Fully fenced. Newer fencing 2012.
- Storage shed.
- Two tier deck.
- Mostly brick exterior.
Other features: Hot & cold running water in garage, flat ceilings on main level, crown moldings in living rm, dining rm & hallway, all baseboards & trim replaced on main two levels, new garage door 2011, roof 2009, A/C & furnace 2012. (all dates are approximate & not warranted.)
(Disclaimer: Please note that all interior photos were taken prior to property being tenant occupied and present the home is “show room” condition.)
|Address: 38 Constable Street||Neighbourhood: Barrhaven|
|Price:||Lot size: 51.48 x 100.07 feet|
|Style: 2 storey single family||Type: Residential|
|Builder: Holitzner||Model: Knightsbridge|
|Bedrooms: 4||Bathrooms: 4|
|Garage: 2 car inside entrance||Basement: fully finished|
|Inclusions: Fridge, stove, dishwasher, wine fridge, hood-fan, microwave, washer, dryer, all window coverings, all lighting fixtures, ceiling fan, auto garage door opener & remote, shed, central air.||Exclusions:|
|Year built: 1987 approx.||Taxes: $4,775.00 (approx) (2017)|
Living room: 16.1 x 11.11
Dining room: 12.0 x 11.11
Kitchen: 10.8 x 11.6
Eating: 10.8 x 9.7
Family Rm: 16.10 x 12
Powder rm: 2 piece
Master bedrm: 18.5 x 12.0
Ensuite: 5 piece
Bedroom 2: 12.7 x 12.0
Bedroom 3: 14.0 x 11.0
Bedroom 4:11.0 x 12.1
Main bathroom: 4 piece
Rec-room: 19.6 x 21.0
Hobby rm/den: 11.9 x 12.0
Bedroom 4: 11.1 x 10.1
Bathroom: 3 piece