806 Pelton Rd. Kemptville
KEMPTVILLE / NORTH GRENVILLE TOWNSHIP
MANY RECENT UPGRADES BOTH INSIDE AND OUT!
Welcome to this well maintained bungalow on a lot that spans over 1 acre in size. Here you’ll have plenty of space to enjoy all the benefits of getting away from the urban jungle.
This home has been extremely well maintained with extensive improvements, many of which are recent or just completed!
Inside you’ll find a large country kitchen with newer 5 burner propane dual fuel range, newer hood-fan & updated flooring and countertop.
The main level features a large living/dining room that’s great for entertaining and offers huge windows so you can enjoy the view of peace and quiet. The family room also offers large windows and is bright and cheery. The master is spacious and offers a 3 piece ensuite bathroom plus there are 2 secondary bedrooms, a renovated main bathroom & a powder room.
Down on the lower level there’s a mostly finished basement with a huge recreation room, large den/office that with a closet, can become a fourth bedroom if needed, al large space for a workshop plus a large utility room and another storage room.
Please see the rest of this feature sheet for a full description of the improvements and major updates to this home.
- Off the main foyer you’ll find the large and well equipped country size kitchen. It’s a cook’s delight to have this much space to work in. Highlighting this area is the stainless steel GE dual fuel range (propane gas five burner cooktop and main oven; electric warming drawer at bottom) which was installed in 2014 at a cost of over $2,600. In 2012 new laminate countertop, flooring and Delta touch sensitive faucet were added to the kitchen. Also featured in this kitchen is the large and deep pantry. Plenty of space to hold all your supplies.
- The living / dining room is spacious and perfect for formal or casual entertaining. Large windows allow abundant light in to fill this area. Hardwood floor and a propane burning stove are other features of this lovely room.
- The main floor family room is perfect for relaxing with a good book or watching your favourite show and movies. Large windows here also allow abundant light into this room.
- The Master bedroom offers plenty of space for all your furnishing needs. There’s ample closet space and a 3 piece ensuite bathroom.
- The two secondary bedrooms are perfect for tots and teens and also offer good closet space.
- The main bathroom was fully updated in 2012 and includes a deep soaker tub.
- On the other side of the home, just before the access to the garage, is a very convenient two piece powder room.
- The lower level of this home has been mostly finished. There’s a huge recreation room that’s great for that big screen TV or a full sized pool table.
- The den/office has many functions. It can of course be used as an office, hobby room, library or by adding a closet a fourth bedroom.
- A huge space is left open and makes a great workshop. Wide barn door access allows easy passage of materials for your projects. Lots of room for power tools, work benches and storage.
- The utility room offers tons of space for storing seasonal items or those possessions you only need once in a while.
- And there is a storage room which in itself would be plenty of space for most people.
- There have been extensive exterior renovations including completely new roof, new brick chimney, new weeping tile and foundation protection (south & west sides), new siding, eavestroughing and facia and a new deck. And of course the 24 foot above ground salt water pool is a joy on hot summer days. With over an acre of land there’s not much you can’t do to keep entertained outdoors all year long. Imagine the great skating rink you can build for your family to enjoy!
Please continue to read below. There have been thousands of dollars spent on this home improving and maintaining it. These are the most critical parts of any home and go beyond just cosmetics.
RENOS, IMPROVEMENTS, UPDATES.
- May 2010 – installation by RB Heating, a new ultra high efficiency modulating propane furnace, 2.5 ton AC unit and programmable Honeywell thermostat. The gas line includes a T to run a line outside for a barbecue ($14,799.95)
- March 2010 – inspection and occupancy permit for new 24 foot above ground salt water pool ($6241.19)
- April 2011 – new Kenmore dishwasher ($1017)
- September 2011 – frame and insulate basement to R24 following energy efficiency audit (Approx. $2000)
- 2012 – install new laminate counter top, flooring and delta touch faucet in kitchen.
- 2012 – update four piece bathroom including deep tub. Approx. $5000)
- October 2013 – Licensed plumber from Brooks and Cryderman did well pump maintenance and installed a new well water pressure switch and sealed well cap ($571.44)
- January 2014 – installation by certified gas fitter of new stainless steel GE dual fuel range (gas five burner cook top and main oven; electric warming drawer at bottom) ($2672.37 + installation)
- June 2015 – installation by certified electrician from Brooks and Cryderman, a new range hood and removal of old electric baseboard heater wires from electrical panel ($802.35)
- June 2015 – full removal and replacement of vinyl siding, soffits, house wrap, eavestroughs by Graham Buck Siding ($9424.20) and installation of motion / dusk sensor lighting at front and back of house.
- June 2015 – installation of new patio door ($1559.40)
- June 2016 – Finish basement family room/rec-room. Nepean Drywall ($5067.80), ESA certified electrical work by Brooks and Cryderman ($2014.99), LED retrofit ceiling lights ($250) and new insulated vinyl plank flooring ($2841.41)
- September 2016 – installation of new garage door and opener ($1022.42 + opener)
- April 2017 – full replacement of brick chimney by CWC Masonry to address leaking that was revealed as a result of heavy rain ($1627.20)
- October 2017 – full replacement of roof (as a preventative measure – roof not leaking but was time) by GAF Certified Contractor Clear Cut Installations, including external venting of ensuite and main bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans. Roofing has a fully transferable 50 year Weather Stopper System Plus Ltd Warranty ($14,000)
- April 2018 – installation by Brooks and Cryderman of a new sump pump and battery operated back up. ($997.45)
- June 2018 – installed new water treatment system UV lamp and charcoal filter ($150)
- June/July 2018 – work by Landex Earthworks to address south side seepage (revealed following frequent periods of heavy rain in 2017). Replacement of weeping tile including installation of Blue Skin waterproofing membrane, Delta-MS dimpled membrane, Delta Moldstrip, geocloth and window well drains ($16,677.50). This work was done on the South and East side of the home. North and west weeping tiles scoped and found to be in good condition. Photos of work are available.
- July 2018 – New 16’ x 16’ deck. Pressure treated. Height is under 600ML (24”) so no railing is required by code.
|Address: 806 Pelton Rd. Kemptville||Neighbourhood: KEMPTVILLE / NORTH GRENVILLE TOWNSHIP|
|Price: $369,900||Lot size: 1.16 acres|
|Style: Bungalow||Type: Residential|
|Bedrooms: 3||Bathrooms: 3|
|Garage: 2 car, inside access (single car garage door)||Basement: Mostly finished|
|Inclusions: Fridge, stove, dishwasher, hood-fan, washer, dryer, all lighting fixtures, blinds, auto garage door opener w/2 remotes, hot water tank, water softener, UV and charcoal filters, all cabinets and shelving in garage.||Exclusions: Freezer and all curtains|
|Year built: 1986 approx.||Taxes: $3,623.75 (2018)|
Living / dining: 29.0 x 12.0
Kitchen: 20.0 x 12.0
Family rm: 24.0 x 9.0
Master Bedrm: 15.6 x 13.6
Ensuite: 3 piece
Bedroom: 13.6 x 10.0
Bedroom: 13.2 x 10.0
Rec-room: 34.0 x 12.3
Office/den: 16.0 x 13.0
Workshop: 31.0 x 12.0
Utility: 20.0 x 12.0