The days are getting longer, the snow is melting and the real estate market is warming up! YES, Spring is here, at lease for the real estate industry.
If you have been thinking of selling or buying, now is the time to put the effort in to make your real estate desires into action. The market in Ottawa does get going this time of year and the time to prepare if you havn’t already is now.
There are many things you can do especially on the interior.
- Clean, clean, clean! No one wants to see or buy a dirty or messy home.( Check out the iRobot roomba 900 series for a cleaner home)
- Paint. Touch-ups or full painting is the most cost effective way and adding extra value and more money in your pocket.
- Repair. Holes in the walls, broken faucets, chipped sinks, worn out flooring and old appliances should all be repaired or replaced as needed. Don’t worry! Spending money on new carpeting will make your home much more attractive to all buyers and boost the value of your home and help it sell quicker which in turn will all you to negotiate less and get more for your home.
- Except for outdoor areas, make sure your major components of your home are working. Toronto furnace filter should be cleaned and tuned up to be at peak performance. Many building inspections can fail due to dirty and poorly serviced HVAC systems.
- There are areas that you really can’t take care of yet but should be looked at as soon as possible. Roof, central air, pools, gardens and walkways are just a few of the external features of a home that should be checked, serviced and repaired once they are accessible. A&E Westchester Roofers is a roofing contractor that can help with all possible roof repair tasks.
- Finally value! That’s where the knowledge and experience we offer comes in. Yes, we will help in all aspects of your real estate needs. Advice on buying including location concerns, inspections and market value assessments are all the areas we have been working in for over 25 years. On the selling end we offer our assistance in getting your home ready including colour and staging assistance. But when it comes to assessing the market value of your home, there is no substitute for our knowledge and experience.
We look at the neighbourhood, the history of sales, the present listings and measure the general temperature of the market. We let you know what is influencing the market today and advise you on a asking price that reflects your home and market conditions.
FREE MARKET EVALUATIONS! Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to fill out or evaluation form.
Just drive around Barrhaven these days and you’ll see tons of construction both residential and commercial real estate. And of course they are all welcome signs of the area’s amazing growth. Costco is under construction now, the new Toyota dealership has been open for a while and three more dealerships are under construction on the West side of the 416. The Greenbank underpass looks like it is nearing completion and another new shopping area will be started near that location soon. Barrhaven real estate values grow with the times.
And that’s not all! ProSlide Technology Inc., a designer of water park attractions around the world and owner of Cantley’s Mont Cascades, has been busy acquiring land around the 100 acres it already owns at the corner of Bankfield Road and Brophy Drive, filing new site plan approvals to the City of Ottawa and meeting with city councillors from that area as the company begins to turn its focus back to opening Alottawata Ottawa in time for summer 2019.
And don’t forget the hundreds of new homes that are being built in the area. Now you can live in Barrhaven as a child and continue living here as a senior citizen with many existing and some new senior living facilities. This will allow Grandma and Grandpa to stay close to their families for many years and live in Barrhaven real estate.
What does this mean for your home? It means that if you live in an older home you have got to keep it up to standards. With so much competition in real estate sales and changes to the way homes are designed, keeping your older home up-to-date and modern can be expensive and a challenge. In order to keep your home up to date, you must also look into the condition of your windows and shutters. Look up plantation shutters Melbourne to choose from their wide range of shutters and windows.
Want large commercial fiberglass planters that can house trees, all sorts of plants, etc? They are made with expert craftsmanship and also you get to customize them, do follow the above link.
Start with the basics. Windows, doors, roof, furnace, central air, paint and landscaping. Get those items repaired or replaced and half the battle is over. If your bathrooms and kitchens are looking old and tired, no one else will find them attractive and when selling, a buyer will hit you harder in the wallet than the actual cost of bringing those room up to a modern look.
There are so many website and brick and mortar stores to look at when it comes to updating your home. It might be worth it to engage a designer to help you with this. And do these updates well before you want to sell so you can at least enjoy a few years of your investment.
Source: H2 Real Estate.