BUYER’S VIEWING HOMES
Viewing new homes on the market, especially in the hot market we are seeing today, can be a very exciting. fast, and bewildering. You see a home and you fall in love with some of its main features. Your excitement level is high and before you know it your in the middle of making an offer! The pitfall to all this speed and excitement is that if you haven’t taken the time to consider all the details, you may find the upon a closer look, the home does not meet all your needs. This can have disastrous consequences!
In today’s fast paced market, you may have to act quickly when you find a property that meets your needs. Just need to make sure that the home really the right one for you and that you’re not being completely influenced by first impressions.
When you’re viewing a potential new home, or checking out a property during a public open house, yop should look for things beyond the paint and decor.
Here are some tips on what to look for:
- Will the property require a lot of immediate repairs, upgrades or renovations?
- Is it in an area that supports your family’s needs and activities. (Parks, schools, public transport, access to roads and highways, community facilities such as sports facilities, hockey rinks and swimming pools and shopping?)
- Is the property big enough?(Play structures, future pool)
- Is the driveway and garage space suitable for your needs?
- Will your furniture fit the space of each room or will you have to look at changing pieces?
- Are there enough bedrooms, bathrooms, closets and storage space? (Think about your current AND future needs.)
Avoid focusing in on only the major features of a home, such as the large kitchen or large living room.. Get down to the smaller details. This is a major purchase and you want to get it right!
Leave a Reply